1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He's going to stage a wall building in a television studio and point a webcam at it, telling us it's thousands of miles long and it's keeping out millions of illegal immigrants. When anyone brings up the fact that the wall doesn't actually exist, Sean Spicer will just hold his finger up to his lips and whisper "Shhhhhh."

We are living out real-life Catch-22.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But emails!!!

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This was quite literally a plot from the Netflix reboot of Arrested Development. Trump is going to build a circular wall and drive around it a whole bunch of times in an RV.

Hermes likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Spicer just said the voter fraud "investigation" would only be of states where Trump lost. They're not even trying to fluff up Trump's paranoia and narcissism with policy blah. Mitch McConnell does that great, they should learn from him.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, he didn't. He admitted that he didn't know know NASA's Goddard Institute was in Manhattan, but that his accusation that the story was made up was incorrect. In fact, he responded with another attack on Liberals.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Folks, the wall is not meant to keep Mexicans out. It's meant to keep Americans in.

Jssst21 and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Festivus Presidency, Day 5.

9. Michael_ Gee

Spicer also said investigation would focus on "urban areas." For 2020, they'll have troops at the polling places in major cities who will stop all minority voters with requests for papers, papers which will be seized as invalid. I think these folks want a civil war and ethnic cleansing in their own country.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure Boys Town in Nuevo Laredo will still be there for you ... :p

11. Michael_ Gee

Wouldn't announcing the construction of a wall at an unspecified future date just cause more non-Americans to try to enter the country right now? The thing about the Berlin Wall was they just showed up one day and built it. It was also maybe 1/100th as long, of course.
    Here's a bet. If/when wall construction starts, some subcontractor will be found employing undocumented workers.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think I subconsciously took that entire post from that episode in a Rod Stewart stealing Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" sort of way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.