1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Which is why you have to be particularly fucked up to be too kooky for that bunch.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No, I jumped in without reading everything, too. ... I just read your post and took emergency services to mean police, fire, 911, etc. Sorry if I was wrong.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Would much really change?

Red states wouldn't change their gun laws. Criminals would still import guns from states with loose gun laws. Someone like this guy, who obviously planned this out, would likely still acquire the guns he wanted.

And, unless you pair repeal of the Second Amendment with a ban on guns, and a plan to confiscate weapons, we'd still have tons of weapons out there.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Also, I'm not sure how those services fit your definition anyway. Are there infinite police patrols available? Infinite phone lines? I don't see how use of them is non-exclusionary.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Technically, you are right (so far) that he didn't have full auto. Realistically, they are correct that his rate of fire was equal to a full auto.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hey, hey! I always knew we Episcopalians were really on the side of angels!

OscarMadison and Justin_Rice like this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Dang it. Always spell that one wrong.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know. But we'd have 51 petri dishes, unshacked from the Second Amendment, free to figure that out.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The gun control states would be freer to be much more draconian in their controls.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"The reality is that the death count is far higher, as my colleague Eliza Barclay has noted. The situation is so bad in Puerto Rico that the government can't even issue death certificates to count the dead."--Vox

Or, according to NPR this morning, power enough refrigeration to preserve the dead until their loved ones can locate and identify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.