1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

You've talked about balance of power disagreements. The question of what is a conservative to me means popular sovernty, limited government and federalism.

On the contrast being a progressive means you believe those things with a "yes but" clause. Popular sovernty yes but we have to make sure everyone gets a wedding cake or make sure nobody takes this drug. Limited government yes but we have to make sure everyone has health insurance or a nation on the other side of the world is protected. Federalism yes but every state has to have the same laws on abortion and we need a national department of education to manage the schools.

I don't know what conservative means anymore. I don't see very many of them around these days. There are a lot of progressive in the world.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It's almost like conservatives are Scotsmen, and there's not one authentic Scotsmen to be found.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"I learned it from watching you, Fox."

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did I get your/you're wrong?

8. YankeeFan

NBC has confirmed it!

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can't have an ethical breach if you don't have ethics!

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  10. YankeeFan

She's fucking great. She tries to back up her "reporting" by pointing to a Politico article:

Notice the timing in what Politico reports:

After Justice Anthony Kennedy told President Donald Trump he would relinquish his seat on the Supreme Court, the president emerged from his private meeting with the retiring jurist focused on one candidate to name as his successor: Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Kennedy’s former law clerk.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wish some of y'all held the POTUS and his administration to the same standards of accuracy as y'all do the media.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"That's a couple of nice future pieces of ass ya got there, Brett. I may have a teen pageant for them to join - I have all access to the dressing room. And I wouldn't mind grabbing your wife by the pussy after we're done here. Just let me get some tic tacs."

BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.