1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, she will: this is a convenient way for her to bail out, play the victim, and avoid getting ass-stomped off the stage by the other candidates, particularly Kamala Harris, who I suspect will be quite helpful in pointing out the Orange syrup dripping off her lips and recounting her romantic trip to Trump Tower on Nov. 21, 2016 to slurp his toadstool and beg for a position in his cabinet. She needs to be fucking terminated from the Democratic Party and thrown off the stage ass first.

It's time for the Kamala-Liz tag team to line up and plant the boots in her ass.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rick Wilson take some folks to the woodshed. Pretty good tweet string.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm thinking today about all the horrible shit that we already know. Can you imagine what we don't know?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You mean Former Chairman of the House Rules Committee Pete Sessions.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In 100 million ways, they do. As it relates to military policy, he's odd, too - in the fact that he doesn't do what hawks want.

One would think Democrats would be cool with that. Strange bedfellows, as it were, on principle.

They're not, though. Now, the hawkish soldier's opinion is useful to them.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Any country is free to swoop to the Kurds' rescue. They probably won't, of course, which is no reflection on them. Just the US.

I'm kind of an non-interventionist. Are you more situational?

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't imagine it's as much as we think. I really don't. The Trump administration is the leakiest organization in the history of presidents, the man belches everything he thinks on Twitter as it is, and our intelligence/state agencies want to remove him from the presidency by any means. Could there be something? Sure. But the CIA, FBI and state department do not want the man there. They're looking for that something, and if they find it, we'll know about it. Just like we did with Ukraine.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alma, it's not a question of intervening or not. US troops are still in Syria. A portion of them were relocated so as to allow Erdogan's offensive against the Kurds. This was done by Trump with consultation with no one but Erdogan. It places US forces there in more jeopardy, not less by introducing yet another crossfire in a multi-sided conflict.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Courage.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A statement by the Secretary of Defense he wanted to attribute to the Assistant Secretary of Defense for (something or other, who knows?)

And I suspect our NATO allies responded to his call for solidarity with a hearty "go fuck yourself."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.