1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am possibly going to move into one. Lived in one at 2 other stages in my life, I should probably watch that.

2. lakefront

I think trump being president gave him his second act.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

no

but we pretend MSNBC is the Mao Tse Tung Hour, and that the right is the center.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. lakefront

Well, back to Realtor.com.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Tucker rose because the Trump years have given racism an open door in American society, and he embraced that. As I said before I don't watch him, I won't watch him, but most of the clips I see he is saying the absolute most racist things that 5 years ago no one would have dreamed of saying out loud.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

They are perfectly fine if you buy a good one and own the land it goes on.

lakefront likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen this on here, but Carlson has been bleeding advertisers over the last month because of his rhetoric. At some point, is that going to matter to Fox News?

FWIW, you need to put his huge ratings into context. 4.3 million people is a huge TV audience, but it's also a tiny fraction of the overall population. It's completely conceivable that he attracts a large TV audience that represents only, say 20 percent of the overall voting population. ... and that say 80 percent of people, if they ever heard him, would think, "What a racist douchebag."

It's clear, from things I have read, that Stephen Miller, or whoever else is writing Trump's speeches, is either taking their cues from Carlson's nightly monologue, or maybe even Carlson is writing the speeches for them. There have been reports that he may be sort of shadow advising Trump. If that is the case, though, I highly suspect that it's a message that is tailored to a small, lowest common denominator audience, and that turns off just about everyone else in the country.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I watch very little of each channel, but you believe this...why?

In the print/online universe, the NYT is indisputably, remarkably left on many stories.

Liut likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We've been through this. Many times.

To the 'left' of what? You?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Show thy work.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why do you believe no one on MSNBC is as far left as folks on Fox News are to the right?

Liut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.