1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If I end up in hell, it will be for liking this post.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He prefers the company of people who share his politics these days, though I think he still posts here once in a while, too.

franticscribe and TigerVols like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Man, the US has lost the plot completely when this shit is normal. I fear the world my kids will grow up in.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe instead of the filibuster, we can just allow Senators to delay proceedings for a day or so, but only if they drop an HH or an n-bomb.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 8:15 AM
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Of course I’ve had it in the ear before.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He didn’t seem to be a very good teacher if I remember correctly.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Presenting the merchandise for inspection.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Should a ‘Diverse’ Campus Mean More Conservatives?

In his influential 1994 paper “Political Psychology or Politicized Psychology: Is the Road to Scientific Hell Paved With Good Moral Intentions?,” Philip E. Tetlock argued that the field was in danger of simply reproducing (or being seen as reproducing) favored political talking points. Too many researchers, he argued, were blind to the ways their biases were baked into their methodologies and premises, and the ways dissent was discouraged.

In an email, Tetlock, who now teaches at the University of Pennsylvania, described how in 1986, as a young professor, he published a paper questioning the assumptions behind some research into “symbolic racism,” defined by researchers as abstract forms of prejudice that fall short of overt racism.

“At a conference that year, a leading symbolic racism researcher asked me, slightly menacingly, ‘Do you have tenure yet?’” Tetlock recalled. “Of course, this is not Gulag Archipelago repression but it is enough to keep many academics in line.”

Draft saved Draft deleted