1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Those aren't the Christians to whom you referred.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Uh, yes they are. I was not talking about anyone on this board.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Then you need to work on your writing. Get mad, don't get mad ... fine by me. But don't go paintin' with a broad brush and act surprised when you get called out on it.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My writing is fine. The "Christians" getting bashed here are the far-right evangelical hypocrites in linked stories. Sorry if you feel otherwise, but you're wrong.

2muchcoffeeman and TigerVols like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure women do. They’re the ones who have to carry that unique other human.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t get how MEN equate themselves with women on this decision. We shot some sperm, that’s it.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Can't say on the other ones, but on this one it's a definite "yes."

[​IMG]

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

How many people -- whether Christ-followers or not -- are inconsistent on those issues?

As for Jesus, well, he might not be the guy flipping a switch to execute a condemned man. He'll be the one a person's belief in Him, or lack thereof, will send a condemned man to Hell, though.

He wouldn't build a wall to keep anybody out of anywhere, not even Heaven. But He is the proverbial wall through which access to His Father, and Heaven, will be gained, or not.

He wouldn't need a vaccine, but would lament anyone's illness.

For that matter, he wouldn't need assault rifles. He certainly wouldn't use them, and would condemn anyone else doing so.

Children have a pretty exalted status in Heaven, and in Jesus' eyes. (See Matthew 18:2-6 and Mark 9:36-37, just for starters). So, as with this whole discussion, I guess it depends on when He would see the fetus as a child. And, yes, I'd think that would be, probably, at conception, and that he'd be against abortion.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Maybe because a baby, and the making of it, is as much his doing, as hers?

I know people are not thinking of when a couple actually care about each other, but rather, the less-usual circumstances in which someone becomes pregnant by force. But what if the circumstances were different? For all the people contending that men should have no say in any decision regarding abortion, would you really say that to your husband or significant other, and mean it?

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

This is such an absurd argument it barely merits a reply. If you cannot appreciate the difference in the existence of a human being and a potato, I don't know what to say.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That woman bear children is not something we can change. It's a fact of life and it shouldn't alter how we view human life.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Good grief. You can look at just the Abrahamic triad and see wide spectra of belief. Why insist on painting with such a broad brush when it comes to Christians?

Draft saved Draft deleted