1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or play off of that in a different way. Haku comes out to try and talk some sense into Solo's crew after they rampage through the roster — and then Solo says he's gone soft and the Tongans give an unholy beating to the toughest man on the planet.
    Of course, that's also if Haku can still cut a good promo. I don't recall that being his strong suit even when he was in his prime, and some of the recent shows he's been on have had subtitles during his segments.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Yes, there's the fear (and probably likelihood) that he'll eventually become just another toy in the TK toy box, but it'll be good for some bangers in the early going.

I think Ricochet vs. Ospreay has to be a shoo-in for Wembley.

3. nietsroob17

I don't know what purpose this Final Testament group is supposed to serve, but if it leads to Big E's triumphant return, I'll allow it.

AOP is just token foreign big guy tag team #67, and Paul Ellering (for his legendary run with the Road Warriors) is just some old man in the corner.

The only good thing that's seemed to come out of Kross is his Jesse Ventura impression.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So no mention of the two production guys who randomly appeared laid out on the announce desk when the Wyatts showed up? Just scrape them off and on with the show?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe PCO will steal their ring jackets. And then get superkicked by HBK. Who came in disguised as Mr. X.

Batman likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

Belittling the family explains Gable, but could that be a swerve? Jey? Dom? Solo/Bloodline 2.0?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Final Testament would be better off on a program that hasn't seen its thematic spot filled by Judgment Day or the House of Black, and I think somebody pointing that out could lead to a nice angle.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted