1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

The chants of "Please Don't Die" were justified. Watching from my seat, it seemed like the ladder was almost in the rafters it was so high.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Ha HA! Won't you feel stupid when the winner is someone like Cena or JBL? :D

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Knowing Vince, Hornswoggle has this in the bag.

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

That Scott Steiner is the first challenger for Joe's belt is proof positive of how warped TNA is. I'm not surprised, but would have thought that this would have been the perfect time to push one of the younger talents (Robert Roode, Styles or even Tomko for that matter) in a good run with Joe, since Angle is probably going to head off to prepare for his MMA match later in the year. TNA isn't going to move forward until it cuts ties from the past, namely canning Russo and giving Kevin Nash his true wish to make one last run with his boys HHH and Michaels. I would give Booker T a heel run and give him a shot at Joe, but only after I help one of the homegrown guys build themselves up. On the same note, is there a timetable on Jeff Jarrett's return to the ring?

And for the love of sweet potato pie, end the Jay Lethal-So Cal Val (who's not too shabby) and Sonjay Dutt angle like this minute. This makes the Savage-Liz-Hogan triangle of the late 1980s look like compelling TV. Pathetic.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

The problem is TNA is very short on capable heels. Does anyone want to see Joe vs. Tomko? I'd love to see Styles get a title shot in the PPV main event, but I don't see it happening. Other heels currently on the roster include Robert Roode, Kip James, Team 3D, Rellik/Black Reign, James Storm, Johnny Devine, and Petey Williams. That's borderline pathetic.

What TNA could do is have Joe turn heel, become a monster, and feud against some of the company's top faces such as Sting, Booker T, Christian, Rhino, etc. But if they are planning on a long-term face run, they are in trouble unless they want to elevate someone like Roode, Storm, or Williams, or turn a current face heel.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Knowing Russo and TNA, that's the plan every Thursday for the next year.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ehhh ... nothing compared to Jeff Hardy going through Edge and the ladder in the MITB match at last year's WM.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It wasn't the actual spot that was "holy shit!", it was the risk involved. Extremely fucking high, to climb a (8 foot?) ladder on top of that cage. Especially so close to the side. If Storm accidently put force into the ladder and tipped it or one of the two slipped...it could have gotten ugly.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

From reading Meltzer's coverage, the buildup on the PPV for the main event was great last night. Believe it or not, I actually thought that with Russo in the mix, he would have let Steiner run down the ramp and challenge Joe right away for the title -- a la a MITB format -- but that Joe would destroy him and allow Joe to defend the title against someone else on the next PPV. I hope TNA still doesn't let Steiner headline a PPV with Joe -- although it's likely that having Joe go over is a way to build up his title reign by beating all former heavyweight champs. they should have Joe beat Nash (sending him out right after this happens), Steiner, Sting, Christian, Jarrett (perhaps?) and Booker T before he has a solid program with Styles (they've had great matches in the indys) or Roode so that when Angle returns, it's had some time and distance and when they have a rematch that it again means a lot.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Good lord, Mickie looks hot tonight.

And she wins the strap!!

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Mickie was effing gorgeous.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Y2J's heel turn has begun ... first, he taunts HBK until he gets superkicked ... now he uses the ropes to defeat Umanga.

Draft saved Draft deleted