1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Fixed

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

About damn time.

3. KYSportsWriter

Well, that was about as anticlimactic as it gets.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm stoked that Mickie James won the Women's title.

Sure, I like Beth Phoenix, but Mickie is a real cutie and I thought they were burying her.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Seeing the spoilers made me think someone on the creative team had stopped by the board, at so far as the "Jericho should be a heel" and "where the fuck is Mickie?" thoughts went.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Jericho has cheated to win as a face before. I wouldn't really count that as heelish, especially considering how he threw the kitchen sink at Umaga with no success. Putting the badmouth on Michaels, though... now THAT is some classic heel Jericho. We need to get the arrogant one-foot pin next.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Say what you want about Jericho, but he's delivered some great televised matches since his return, including last night against Umaga. And ripping HBK about Bret and Marty was good too. It looks like he's turning heel and that's a very good thing for the Raw brand.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You might be right about that. And I think whoever stopped by this thread was smart to do so. :D

To echo everyone else, I loved seeing this Jericho -- nice touch with the Flair music, too. And then the great match with Umaga topped it. Give me that Jericho each week, please.

9. KYSportsWriter

his promo with hbk was pretty damn good. i really hope this is the heel push a lot of us have been waiting for.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The only beef I had with the Jericho deal was I thought it was too soon to tease Flair's music. Give it a few months, break it out to shock everyone, then oops!, it was a heel all along. Otherwise a great way to get Jericho back to being a heel, or at least heelish.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I agree that Jericho did well, and the Mickie/Beth match was pretty good. I have a feeling though, that she won't hold the title very long and that switch was made just because they were in Europe (like Santino's title win over Umanga).

And that bump that Orton took from Regal's weird suplex was nasty. Any word on if he was legitamately injured?

12. KYSportsWriter

Is Mickie from Europe?

Draft saved Draft deleted