1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Looks like I didn't miss anything tonight. I'm thisclose to taking a long break from WWE programming.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Again ... why do they bother with 3-hour shows?

I haven't enjoyed a 3-hour Monday night show since the days of the original nWo and La Parka rocking out on a chair.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Gutter...forgot to ask...how many copies of the Maria Playboy did you buy?

And how many wound up...uh...soiled???

:D

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Totally agree. 3-hour Raws have for the most part not worked becuase they try to cram two shows' storylines and special effects gimmicks in there, and at some point you just get tired.

Not having seen any of the show, I don't have beef with Regal as KOTR. Punk already has the MITB briefcase and got clean wins over Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho, so he looks better for it. And Regal's a fine worker and talker, so if this leads him to being a decent upper-mid-card heel with occasional off-month PPV main events against Cena or HHH, so much the better. Of course, if they do that, they really need to strip the commissioner title from him.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

No problem with Regal as the King. He's the only one that can pull off that King/Royalty gimmick, if they so choose, and it gives another possible opponent for HHH/Cena/Jericho/Hardy at this point.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Unlike Booker T, who sucked in the role.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

No way, Booker T elevated it to new heights. Especially when he'd get pissed and relapse into old-school Booker T.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The Democratic Party has shifted the focus of its vitriol from the President to the Legend Killer.

What did Randy Orton ever do to the Democrats?

(yes, Raw sucked hard - KOTR? Swing and a miss.)

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hated the HillaryBarack "match". You'd think they would have learned their lesson from "Rosie vs. Trump".

Regal as KOR was a surprise, and I don't know where they will go with it. But at least they weren't predictable.

10. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Let the countdown to Mickie James' Playboy cover begin. She was about the one good thing about that waste of a show. Well, that and Beth Phoenix showing her ass in those jeans.....

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why didn't Kane do a run-in? IIRC, he's a Ron Paul supporter.

As for KOTR -- why no Kennedy or Umaga? Umaga vs. Regal would have been funny if for no other reason than Regal calls him Umanga.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm eagerly awaiting the entry into Wrestlecrap for that abortion of a segment. As I told the wife while watching it, I knew it was going to be god-awful but it's like watching something like "Gigli" or "Leonard Part VI". You watch it so you can say you survived it.
    The guy who played Barack, and the one who played Hillary, both looked familiar. Any idea who they were? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted