1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Bill Clinton ripoff was the closest to the real thing in terms of looks.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm pretty sure all the workers in that stupid skit were indie guys. Meltzer said the Obama impersonator was from North Carolina.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Dare I try to watch ECW tonight? I feel like the show's going to be a trainwreck regardless of the outcome ... but I actually do, for once, have a free hour.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Watch it, and then give us the rundown on the trainwreck that was.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

You're a braver person than I.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Save yourself the trouble and bust out a video of a Mikey Whipwreck match or somethin'.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

For what it's worth, I didn't really watch. I did household maintenance shit during that time (bills, budget, etc.) and left the local baseball team on in the background. Every once in a while, I'd flip back and forth, and managed to catch Kofi vs. Shelton in what looked to be a pretty athletic match. It's not often that you see someone land on their feet out of a monkey flip, but Shelton did just that. Impressive. Only problem with the match, other than it going about three minutes from the time I turned it on (so I guess five, six total) was that Shelton tried for an enziguri, missed, and Kofi, out of nowhere, nailed his trademark kick to the back of the head for the win. Looked weak, came unexpectedly and made Shelton look bad.

I'd kill for them to fill 20 minutes, though.

8. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

The candidates were all awful on some level. I'd rank from watchable-to-worst as Obama, Clinton, then McCain.

The "Barack" schitck was funny to me. The ears sold it.

Thank God, Mickie is finally getting pushed again.

King of the Ring ... well, the first two matches were a good start, but as soon as Hornswoggle was announced ... there went its credibility. Enough with the fucking midget already. It's old. And Regal over Punk? I don't think Punk needed it as much as Jericho or MVP (Mr. Kennedy Kennedy would have been perfect), but William Fucking Regal? Are they going somewhere with this or has another great WWE tradition gone away (such as the classic Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble winner getting a WrestleMania title shot)?

Pretty decent 8-man tag match to end it.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The interesting thing about ECW was Adamle's flub. He referred to watching the WW.com website. He forgot the 'E'.

10. td truckers

td truckers Member

Source: PWInsider.com, prowrestling.net

WWE creative team member Michael Hayes has been suspended from the company for 60 days following an incident that took place in Orlando during Wrestlemania weekend. Hayes, the head writer of the SmackDown brand, allegedly used racist language towards SmackDown star Mark Henry.

The incident took place at a party that was held either Friday or Saturday night. Hayes had been drinking when he approached Mark Henry. Hayes told Henry, "I'm more of a n----- than you are." Henry took offense to the comment. After a physical altercation between the two, Henry reported the issue to either Vince or Stephanie McMahon.

At first, WWE tried to keep the suspension quiet. People who inquired were told that Hayes on vacation. However, when word got out about the incident with Henry, it was revealed that Hayes is suspended.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess Hayes took his Freebird character a little too far. I remember seeing pictures of him with a Confederate flag shirt and his face painted like a Confederate flag as well.

I'm also suprised that Henry didn't beat the living shit out of him. He outweighs him by at least 200 pounds.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You know he's probably just a big old softy off screen ...

Draft saved Draft deleted