1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Anyone else see the video of Warrior's "return to the ring" in, of all places, Madrid?

Comes down and starts speaking about whatever, then Orlando Jordan (of all people) comes out and insults him. Something happens were a kid gets involved, Jordan shoves the kid, Warrior slugs Jordan, does his rope-shaking Hulking-up deal and levels Jordan's two goons before Jordan bails.

It was OK, but Warrior's totally lost 15 steps. Not to mention it was funny to see him dropping two guys with a clothesline in a shirt and tie - and him still being what, 45, and sweating profusely?

Also, given Warrior's anti-gay comment, who was the one giggling behind the scenes booking him against Jordan?

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Oh jeez...I have to see this match...I mean trainwreck.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is Jordan hitting for the other team or what?

As far as Warrior making a "comeback" ... oh, dear God.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm fairly sure he's a bisexual. That's why they wanted to do a three-way bi-triangle in WWE with him, some developmental guy and Trinity. Though that sounds more like a three-way gay triangle.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Yes, I saw Orlando's official myspace a few years back. He's bisexual. I don't know who in their right mind would pay to see Orlando Jordan vs. The Ultimate Warrior (v. 2008)...

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Spaniards. I think Meltzer said something about Spain being the new hot market for wrestling, perhaps more so than Italy was a couple of years ago. Plus there's a curiosity factor in watching Warrior go again after 10 years. I wouldn't want him in a long feud with Cena or HHH or anything, but you'd have to admit you'd want to see what he looked like and how he moved after so long. Plus the trainwreck promos are perverse humor at its finest. Wonder whether Sid's trying to make a comeback still ...

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

didnt they scrap the love triangle for the incest angle? not that that's any better or anything.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Well, Hayes is from Bad Street, USA, so he can probably fight.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Seperate angles and workers. I think they cut Jordan shortly after the aborted love triangle angle. Vince wanted to do an incest angle for some time (he wanted to be involved with Stephanie at one point, as gross as that sounds), and finally pulled the trigger with Paul Birchill and "sister" Katie Lea.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

That was an AWA angle when the Road Warriors were AWA tag champs. They had a feud with the Freebirds, who donned confererate face paint to combat the Warriors' paint.

If I remember correctly, the 'Birds cost the Warriors the AWA straps by interfering in their match against ...

Anyone? Anyone?

The Fabulous Ones

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Bummer for the Van Dam family. From wrestlingobserver.com:

Rob Van Dam posts his wife has cancer, tells people to get checked

Sonya Szatkowski, the wife of Rob "Van Dam" Szatkowski was diagnosed with colon cancer after months of trying to find an answer for painful stomach cramps.

Van Dam posted on his Myspace page today.

"After months of chasing down the origin of stomach cramps, we got the news that Sonya has cancer in her colon," he wrote. "Obviously this was not something we wanted to hear, and were not at all prepared for it. This is the kind of thing that we hear about happening to other people. Us? Really?

He wrote that his wife had taken test after test for months which detected nothing, including blood tets, until taking a colonoscopy.

"Sonya wants everyone to know that you have to get checked."

He wrote that his wife, 32, will be undergoing surgery at the end of the week and would totally kick cancer's ass.

Best of luck to her in this trying time.

12. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

Actually, I believe the Road Warriors lost the belts to Jim Garvin and Steve Regal thanks to the Freebirds' interference. And yes, I am a font of useless wrestling knowledge.

Draft saved Draft deleted