1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Named after the booker who used it most often. A Dusty Finish is when a match seemingly comes to a conclusion, usually the face winning, only to have something happen after the match to negate the result. Face wins the title, everyone cheers, second ref comes out to point out the face threw the heel over the top rope when the first ref got knocked out, decision reversed. Face tag team beats heel twins/masked wrestlers, ref comes out to point out the wrong guy was in the ring, decision reversed. First ref gets knocked out, face pins heel when the second ref comes in to count it, but first ref comes to and DQs the face for running into him. And sometimes they stretch it over a week (face beats heel for the world title to end one show, next week the commissioner comes out and says the contract was for a non-title match, or time expired, or something.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Lance Storm chimes in on the Mike Adamle disaster and shows that he might actually be a SportsJournalists.com poster if you read the last line of this rant.

http://www.stormwrestling.com/042808.html

3. NDub

NDub Guest

That was a wicked shot by Regal on Kennedy....Kennedy. And you could see his lip bleeding and was almost immediately swollen.

4. carson08

carson08 New Member

I love Lance Storm as a wrestler, but can't stand most of his commentary. How many times has he said "I'm going to stop watching TNA until Russo is gone." Then in his next commentary thing he's complaining about another thing he saw on TNA. Lance Storm is a true definition of a smark. And smarks are probably the most annoying people in the world. Trust me, I know. I used to be one about two years ago.

Putting that aside, any criticism of Adamle is probably deserved.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, tne ending has happened before, plenty of times in WCW. They would spend two hours, 50 minutes hyping up a main event, then spend four minutes going to commerical, spend three more minutes having entrances, then let the two main eventers lock up, only to hear Schiavone yell "We're outta time!"

The time that most frequently comes to mind is a Hogan/Giant (now Big Show) match on Nitro that was relentlessly hyped as a PPV match on live TV. They wasted a ton of time, then when the match started, the time slot was done, but TNT would show parts of the match between their show of Robin Hood, which conveniently was having its premiere.

I immediately switched over to Raw, and barely watched Nitro after that.

6. carson08

carson08 New Member

Oh, well original for WWE. I'm a fairly "new" fan. Only started watching a lot in 1999. I like to believe I have a fairly good history knowledge of it though. Clearly not enough though :p haha

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes, I know a lot about wrestling history. Too bad that I couldn't know something that, you know, would make me lots of money.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Looks like WWE is building Regal up as a pretty bigtime heel. I think he'll return full-time to the ring soon. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get a main event PPV title match against Trips for the title at some point down the road. And yes, I think HHH will be holding that belt for quite some time.

I'm intrigued to see Kennedy in his first face stint with the company. And Jericho's finally a heel, thank god. He should be a top three heel in the company, along with Orton and Edge. I think it'd be cool to see Jericho snap, start hitting HBK with a chair repeatedly, and Batista running out to help Michaels.

JBL is terrible and I don't see what a squash over a Highlander does for him.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Get. Rid. Of. The. Spinner. Belt.

If you aren't going to have the guy you made the belt for wearing it, get rid of it. It serves no point unless Cena is the champ.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hell, I can't even remember what the belt before this one looked like.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted