1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I didn't realize they used that belt for so long.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

JBL was the last to use the regular belt ... Cena introduced the spinner belt shortly before he moved to Raw in 2005.

3. KYSportsWriter

Trivia (without looking it up): Who was the first to hold that belt?

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I'm still a big fan of the 1999-style title belt - the one with the large circular design.

It was distinct and easily recognizable - although the spinner belt could probably slice one up pretty good if someone took a shot to the dome with it in the ring.

5. KYSportsWriter

[​IMG]

This came along after the infamous "Montreal Screwjob."

6. carson08

carson08 New Member

I believe it was The Rock who first used that belt.

Edit:The belt Eddie Guerrero is holding. Not the one Stone Cold has. He's was the first one to have that one. The night after Wrestlemania 14. It was alittle while after the Screwjob. That one is my favorite as well.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Is ECW live tonight? I really hope it is. Mike Adamle just got up and left the announce table and Tazz kept yelling "Mike, where are you going?" before he walked away. They didn't have any other commentary throughout the first half of the main event and they're now at commercial.

Really hoping this isn't a storyline...

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It appears so, just by reading a running recap of the show.

9. KYSportsWriter

Nope.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Boooo. I figured. But I figured I'd be watching all-time history if it was live and true.

11. Technically, it doesn't spin anymore. But yes, they do need to go back to the old belt.

12. KYSportsWriter

I don't care.

They still need to get rid of it if Cena isn't going to be champ for some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted