1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – Tuesday night, ECW announcers Mike Adamle and Tazz removed their headsets and left the broadcast position before the conclusion of ECW on Sci Fi. The event occurred just prior to the evening’s main event Handicap Match, featuring ECW Champion Kane and Chavo Guerrero with Bam Neely.

Adamle and Tazz reportedly exited the arena and marched straight to the parking lot. Adamle was said to look shocked and expressionless as he left.

WWE Superstars were shocked by this unprecedented occurrence. Calls and texts to both Adamle and Tazz have gone unanswered.

It has been no secret that our traditional ECW fans have not been satisfied with Adamle’s lackluster commentary. Speculation is this could have led to the play by play and color commentator walking off during a WWE broadcast. Did Adamle and Tazz leave of their own volition or were they asked to leave?

WWE.com will attempt to get exclusive video interviews from WWE Superstars about this situation and post them as soon as possible. Stay logged on to WWE.com to learn more about this shocking development.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/articles/6940934/walkoff

I find this to be kind of interesting. I was watching the show live and the camera showed Adamle walk out through the crowd with Tazz calling after him. Then Tazz left and the main event was shown without any commentary. It was obviously staged, but I think it's cool how they are making something out of Adamle's horrible commentary.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

On the belt question...is it Hogan?

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

And here's a refresher for the non-spinner belt (on the SmackDown vs. RAW games you can wear it in exhibition mode)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nope.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Damn...wait, he won the title from Trips...could that be it?

6. KYSportsWriter

Nope.

I will say this guy was the "first" something.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

As in the first undisputed champion?

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Pretty big spoiler out of Smackdown. Avert your eyes

NOW

Vickie Guerrero stripped the World title from the Undertaker, and also banned that swank-ass gogoplata submission finisher of his.

Also, Great Khali's gone, either for an extended absence or for good. Taker did an injury angle with him.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It seems like lazy booking to me that WWE has all three of their shows featuring three heel GM's in prominent angles this week. (Raw with Regal, SD with Vickie, ECW with Estrada/Delaney's contract)

10. KYSportsWriter

petrie: you said it.

11. KYSportsWriter

SPOILER CONTINUATION: wtf happened to taker having a lengthy run with the strap? from the bullshit ending on raw to this, im about to give up on wwe.

12. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

I remember that Jericho held the Attitude belt and WCW belt until Hunter won them. Hunter was then presented with a single belt the next week by then-Raw manager Ric Flair.

So, technically, Jericho was the first to hold the title of Undisputed Champion, but Triple H was the first to carry the new belt.

Also, I'm in agreement that another belt design is needed. But no way they're changing it, at least for a while. The design is a big seller. (If I bought one, I'd get the U.S. title.)

Draft saved Draft deleted