1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

So I was right the 2nd time :D

I liked it when at arbitrary times the IC belt would be different colors. I remember Warrior with yellow and HBK with one that was either white or blue...?

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Trips with the spinner just isn't right. It seems like he claims to be one of the "throwback" types with an appreciation for the past...why not wear a more classic-style strap? Just not this classic...

[​IMG]

3. carson08

carson08 New Member

Triple H wasn't the first to hold that belt. The belt he recieved was the Heavyweight championship. Are you sure it's not The Rock?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm suprised they haven't developed a Triple H-themed world belt, like they did with Austin's smoking skull one and the Rock's.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Have May sweeps begun? These seem like ratings grabbing attempts of desperation to me.

When will Vinny Mac die AGAIN?

6. SPOILER CONTINUATION

Seriously, WTF is going on over there? Me thinks I'm going to start ordering more ROH DVDs.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Any word on whether the Adamle thing was a work or a shoot? If it was a work, he did a hell of a job pulling it off. If it was a shoot, even better.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The Montreal screwjob belt was the winged eagle -- the only belt that comes close to the 1974-91 NWA title as the coolest world title in America.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've never really cared about the look of the title belts.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I've always hated the "Flair" belt (WCW and WWE world title that 'Takes holds). Just a big, fat, ugly piece of medal.

I've always had a fascination with the straps, though. I'd love to get my hands on replicas of the Missouri State title, the Central States title, and the pre-1973 NWA World title (the "Thesz" belt).

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're right. I looked at the picture they have of Jericho on the site and thought it was the new belt.

Remember the smoking skull belt? That was an awesome belt. I always wanted The Rock to get one of his own, but it never happened.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This shot is from after he beat Y2J for the strap.

Trips didn't get Big Goldy until they did away with the undisputed title in September 2002 when he was "given" the title by Vince.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted