1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Yeah, funny how Trips throws the term "paper champion" about so much when it was he given a title from McDaddy without "earning" it.

2. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

Sorry to get off topic, but this is pretty darn funny:

http://videos.newsobserver.com/index.php?a=player&id=1851202

Flair/Rhodes '08

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Back on the topic of belts, why in the blue hell did TNA get rid of the "10 pounds of gold" belt?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Dammit, I thought I'd get to post that. I'm not sure why Ric Flair sounds like Little Richard, but lulz were had. Though given Ric Flair's history, can you trust him not to turn on his VP? And Sting would work for him eight times, getting turned on every time but always coming back.

5. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

I thought Bischoff was Raw GM when he created the WHC and gave it to Trips? Or am I losing my mind?

I never liked the Smoking Skull because of the snake-skin back. Yes, I'm deathly afraid of snakes to the point that I do not like a fucking wrestling belt. I'd kill to know what Edge designed for the custom belt he never got.

6. KYSportsWriter

A Rated R design. Duh! :D

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Mike Johnson from pwinsider.com:
    "World Wrestling Entertainment's Santino Marella was arrested at 2:57 AM this morning on charges of Driving Under the Influence after being stopped at 6301 Westshore Boulevard in Tampa, Florida. Marella is currently being held on $500 bond. I'm sure we'll have more on this later today."

8. It was definitely a work, but Meltzer said no one backstage knew about it and came off as a shoot to a lot of people.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Here's the Santino story from pwtorch.com with a link to his mug shot and also noting he's been released (not from WWE) ...

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_25470.shtml

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

NWA pulled out of TNA, which is why it's not called NWA-TNA anymore.

When NWA pulled out, they took their belt as well, so TNA had to make a new one.

And alas, the new one is just one color, gold, with nothing to distinguish it from any others and making it hard to tell what the hell kind of belt it is.

As much as I hate the X Division strap, at least the big fucking red 'X' lets people know which strap it is.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Can anyone clarify? I don't remember the NWA strap that ya'll are talking about.

12. KYSportsWriter

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted