1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Goldie is the best belt by far, although it looks better on some (Flair) than others (Jericho). The spinner needs to go. I thought it started off as a joke/gimmick for Cena that stuck waaaay too long.

By the way, anyone recall what the Western State's Heritage belt or the old NWA six-man tag belts looked like?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Western State's
    [​IMG]

Six-Man
    [​IMG]

Those look pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

A six-man tag belt? Never heard of that. Props to KY for visual aids on the history lesson...very intriguing.

I've got a soft spot for Goldy, but agree it looks better on some than others.

4. KYSportsWriter

[​IMG]

Looks way better than ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

WOOOOOOOOOO!

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I HATE big goldie. Reminds me of that stupid big-ass goldie tin belt the AWA had for a while.

I'll take the 1974-91 NWA World title, the 1961-72 NWA World title and the Missouri title belts, thank you.

BTW, when the "10 pounds of gold" first came out and replaced the old NWA title in 1973, it was actually a big red strap with the same plates. Jack Brisco was awarded the new strap just before his title defense against Handsome Harley Race in 1973, when I Harley won my his first belt.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I like this one

[​IMG]

8. I'm usually all for punishing those who did wrong, but I don't think I can go a week without hearing Santino. He is easily the best thing WWE has going as far as mike skills and entertainment value right now. And, FWIW, I didn't actually HATE the Regal gimic at the end of RAW. At least RAW is chowing a bit of attitude right now. Hell, we all know Vinnie Mac will kill it soon enough.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Regal will be EXTREME on Monday.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

AWESOME face pop for Mr. Kennedy ................(wait for it) ............ Kennedy! ............ tonight.

11. KYSportsWriter

That was awesome. Glad to see they're pushing him face and Jericho heel.

12. So how is this for irony: One of your company's top performers murders his family and commits suicide due to mental anguish caused by numerous chair shots and steroids. The media fallout was on par with some of the biggest scandals of all time. Your company's drug testing is still considered a joke and you've had to change storylines on the fly because some of your employees were on some pharmacy's list. But do the fans turn their back on you? Nope, they just keep on coming back.

From WO.com: World Wrestling Entertainment announced this morning its most successful business period ever, with the first three months of 2008, featuring Wrestlemania 24 and the Royal Rumble, grossing $162.6 million and turning a $19.5 million after tax profit.

It was well above the same period last year, but Wrestlemania was last year figured into the second quarter.

Wrestlemania 24 is estimated at doing 1,058,000 buys.

I'll admit I've contributed to this by purchasing the PPVs in Jan., Feb. and March. What does that say about me? I'm a born again Christian who is pretty liberal. I'm Jack Thompson's nightmare. I don't feel guilty purchasing WWE products in light of what happened in the Benoit case, but if people want to look at me differently because I enjoy WWE, more specifically pro wrestling, so be it. I just like to be entertained. I would like to think I'm not sacrificing my moral standards to do so. This may be too deep of a post for a wrestling thread, but this site serves that purpose.

Draft saved Draft deleted