1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. I'm sure they'll find a way to use it in a storyline.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Perhaps they should move Ashley over to Smackdown and let her hang with Edge when the storyline with Vickie calls for them to break it off.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Like that's gonna happen anytime soon.

4. Claws for Concern

Matt Hardy can get involved, too.

5. KYSportsWriter

Oooh boy. Then it can become a love square.

But then what will Teddy Long do?

6. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Back to ECW and Punk ... does anyone feel like he's getting over any more than before? He jobs twice per week it seems unless he beats down on an "equal" such as Chavo. Unless there's some grand long-term plan to really build him for the early part of 2009, at this point it seems more likely he'll lose the briefcase in the late summer/early fall.

7. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

As stupid as defending the briefcase like it's some sort of title would be, I'm curious to see how long Punk keeps it. I'm pretty sure that everyone who has cashed in that case has won the title, so either Punk's getting a belt soon (and please not the ECW title) or it has to go to someone else.

8. KYSportsWriter

I honestly thought he was dropping it Monday night, until the lights went out on the match.

9. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

If they gave Orton the briefcase, when he's wrestling for the title on the next PPV, I'd probably watch the product even less than I do now. And sometimes, I wonder why I watch it as much as I presently do.

Maybe it's with the hopes that they'll let Punk rip with a promo like some of the indy ones I've found on YouTube. The guy is gold on the mic, yet he never is the focal point of any of those 15-minute show-opening promos.

10. Claws for Concern

Unless he turns heel, Punk won't be dropping it to Kennedy as a payback for last year.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought she said that it was a different person named Ashley Massero?

12. Claws for Concern

Even if it isn't her, the WWE will find a way to take advantage of this stuff. WWE lives for publicity -- bad or otherwise -- like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted