1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Since we’re on the subject of skits, what are some of the all-time favorites on this message board?

I liked when The Undertaker put the Ultimate Warrior in an “air-tight” coffin. That skit nearly scarred me as a kid.

I enjoyed all the Ric Flair angles involving the women of his opponents. The Jimmy Garvin-Precious hotel skit and the Randy Savage-Elizabeth pictures are memorable ones that come to mind.

All the Mr. Perfect skits, nailing 100 three-pointers, throwing the football 70 yards, making a perfect dive, were pretty good. I think Henning had real pro athletes in those skits that would say, “Wow, he really is perfect!’’

Mick Foley in ECW had some great interviews about being hardcore. One time he spit on his WCW tag belt to make a point. Pretty good stuff.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Didn't Big Bossman also feed Al Snow his dog? I remember having Taco Bell that night from dinner, and I think that was during the "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" dog days. Made me think twice a little bit that night.

One of the more recent skits (OK, 10 years ago) I think had to be when the Undertaker, at the foundation of his Ministry, was crucifying people on his symbol. I think Dennis Knight was the first. That was some creepy stuff.

3. I tune in to watch the Motor City Machine Guns then flip the channel. Those two guys are fast becoming my favorite tag team. I hope TNA doesn't waste them like it is wasting Samoa Joe.

4. I saw those two at a ROH show against the Briscoes. ***** match without a doubt.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Favorite Raw moment: The night Austin drove the Zamboni, lost control and crashed it into the ring. Then in the same segment, Undertaker and Kane beat on Vince, then as Vince is put in an ambulance, Foley offers him a drink.

Other great moments: The Ted DiBiase 'Everyone's got a price!" skits, especially the famous one of him kicking the basketball away from the little kid. And of course, the Piper's Pits.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved the night when DX came into the ring and mimicked the Nation.

And when Austin came out with the beer truck and sprayed the McMahons (and also Kurt Angle doing the same with the milk truck a couple years later).

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

About 25 years ago, when Playboy Buddy Rose was still in the WWF, he did a skit bragging about what great shape he was in. Rose was one fat slob.

At the end of it, he drops to the floor and does about 3 one-handed push-ups. He gets up, totally winded, and says, "I could've done a hundred." Just remember howling at that one.

In the old Mid-Atlantic, they ran a terrific angle where Sgt. Slaughter and Pvt. Kernodle broke into the dressing room and stole a picture some kid had drawn of Rick Steamboat and Jay Youngblood. They showed it during an interview and made fun of the kid's work. "You forgot to draw the squinting under the eyes," they said.

That region had a ton of great moments.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ah, Buddy Rose. Also did a WWF skit where he sells Blow Away, a powder you put on your belly and blew the pounds away when you blew the powder off. I also remember him being introduced at a "slim and trim 219 pounds" or something like that, when he was easily over three bills. But the man could play his role. A poor man's Adrian Adonis.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The Observer comes out today that has the news of the "former seven-figure and multi-time World champion is close to returning to the WWE."

I think he wants us to believe it might be Hulk Hogan, but no freaking way. It has to be Big Show, who I believe signed a $1 million deal when he left WCW.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd laugh if it was Booker T.

If the seven figures includes the ones after the decimal point, it could be Tommy Rich.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How about Sid Vicious?

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It's Show.

...sadly.

Draft saved Draft deleted