1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Great match, believe it or not. They really used the three-way match correctly - by having two men go at it one-on-one, then one exiting, then two more, etc. Triple H nailed the Pedigree on Cena, but after getting two, Randy Orton kicked Triple H in the back of the head from behind and fell on Cena to win.

Orton really played up a faux ACL-type injury all match, too. He sold it real well, and both Cena and Triple H took advantage of it. Cena snapped on the STF early and Orton was screaming, and before hitting Cena with the Pedigree, Triple H fought off Orton on the apron by chop-blocking his hurt knee.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Looks like Mayweather/Big Show up next.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

http://www.justin.tv/habstv2

3. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

What is Floyd wearing? LOL pants or capri?

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I am also impressed with the Mayweather fight so far.

5. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

He went ghetto with those chairshots and brassknucks. Pretty entertaining match though.

6. That came off pretty well. So much for the swerve.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Great psychology displayed in that Mayweather/Big Show bout. Pretty much, Mayweather began the match like most of his fights - prancing around the ring, getting his shots in when he could and avoiding anything Show could muster. Got a few good shots in too, I might add.

Then Big Show took over, stomped on Mayweather's hand and had him choked in the corner. When he was down, a bunch of Mayweather's people dragged him out of the ring and said, "Enough, this isn't what we signed up for." Show chased him down, brought him back, but another of Mayweather's people hit Show with a chair. Mayweather followed suit, knocked him down to one knee, grabbed brass knucks and hit him with a right cross. Knockout.

For me, I'm surprised - and pleased - that Mayweather's people got involved so heavily. Whether or not they were his real buddies, I don't know, but one took a hard fall off the apron and the rest of them ended up getting leveled.

A good job. I'm pleased with this PPV so far.

8. LOL. He definitely went ghetto. I think it played to his character and personality well that they had him go that route. Good job by WWE having that come off so well.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

http://www.wrestlingfortitude.com/ppvlive.php

Good stream here.

10. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Haha, I also like how King and JR gave Mayweather his 40th win in this so-called 'match'.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So what was the swerve?

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Any updates on taker/edge?

Draft saved Draft deleted