1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Shitty movies are shitty movies. It doesn't matter if they make $18 million or $180 million.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

It matters to whoever is signing the Rock's and Cena's paychecks to do a movie. I'm not saying I liked "The Game Plan," but I'm pretty sure the movie wasn't meant to appeal to our demographic.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Meat,

I'm annoyed Rhodes was even allowed to send a video tribute. What a jerkoff.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Speaking of Meat, whatever happened to Stasiak?

I'll tuck that in the chat about second-generation records to make sure it's not that much of a threadjack.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I was just wondering that the other night.

Whatever happened to a lot of the WCW roster from the late '90s? Not that I miss him, but where'd Disco Inferno go? Alex Wright? Norman Smiley?

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Disco was in TNA during the early days and Smiley had a little time there later. I'm guessing all three are wrestling independents.

Most of the late 90's guys of consequence are in WWE, in TNA, in indies, or dead.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I watched way too much WCW in the mid-to-late '90s.

It consumed my free time so much that my mother, for my surprise 18th birthday party, bought an nWo cookie cake for the occasion.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Did Scott Norton, Stevie Ray and the rest of the jabronies who were in the nWo's later incarnations come and try to glom a few pieces off you? :)

9. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Kinda of like sports journalism?

10. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Maybe he was holding out for Horace Hogan. Pehaps Glacier or Sonny Ono made a guest appearance.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

ALL RIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!!!

(it was Masa Chono.)

Draft saved Draft deleted