1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2008 Running Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Could be a number of people. Didn't WWE have a Georgia-based development territory?

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That whole news report is ridiculous, until we get a name. It could likely be a development wrestler.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They had Deep South, but I think that was further south, like Birmingham or whereabouts. And a development guy wouldn't have the money to buy his own house, certainly not one he's had for at least five years, since there's a 2004 WWE document among the pieces of evidence.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Wasn't Scott Steiner around in 2004?

It's terrible to throw a name out there completely unconfirmed. But hey, he seems as logical a guess as any.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought that too, since I think Steiner was near the end of his WWE run at that point. I have a really hard time believing he juices, though. I just ... can't accept that.

6. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

OK, that was fuckin funny.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Also today ... (Courtesy of WrestlingObserver.com)

Andrew "Test" Martin,33, was arrested yesterday morning on charges of a DUI and driving without a license when an officer believed he was recklessly driving at 10:30 a.m. in the Tampa area.

The Tampa Tribune has a story (www.tbo.com) saying an off duty office noticed his driving and called a Florida Highway Patrol trooper who responded. The police report stated Martin's eyes were glassy and bloodshot and his speech was slurred. He didn't smell of alcohol, but failed a field sobreity test and was taken to jail, where he spent all day until being released Sunday night on $500 bail.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My, my, my ... from banging Stacy Keibler, Kelly Kelly and (a skinnier) Stephanie McMahon to being Big Bubba's cell bitch for a night. How the mighty have fallen.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

According to Meltzer, it's Mike Knox.

9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Not a good day for men associated with Kelly Kelly.
    Still, I'd like to take my chances.

10. Claws for Concern

If you're going down, you might as well go down the right way!

11. Claws for Concern

Update on the Knox story from Meltzer's wrestlingobserver.com

WWE has released a statement saying that four different pro wrestlers lived in the Locust Grove, GA, home that the steroids were found in, saying only one of the four is still with the company. They said the performer (who would be Mike Knox) has denied to both the police and to the WWE that the items found belonged to him.

The steroids were found in one of two shoe boxes. The other shoe box had pay stubs and a contract for Mike Hettinga, which is Knox's real name.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Fantastic in-ring confrontation between HBK and Batista.

Draft saved Draft deleted