1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just wanted to announce that I, too, am in the Royal Rumble! So there!

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If you really were Batman, I would bet on you to win the Rumble.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, my physique is best described as a scrawny Jon Heder. I'd be out of there faster than Santino.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm in, too!

So, let's see. We've got me, Batman, Big Show, Cena, HBK, Triple H so far. If Rick's in, we can take Show, Cena, HBK and Trips out right off the bat.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I have been getting into shape this year. I can do 15 situps now, up from 0 on Jan. 1.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I kind of liked Heder as a heel-guest host, and I'm not a big fan of him in general.

Orton is going to get a face reaction when he faces Sheamus (or however his name is spelled) because people hate him so god damn much. And the crowd is going to turn ugly if Orton doesn't manage to win the title somehow.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Some interesting TNA spoilers from tonight

* A.J. Styles is apparently the heir apparent to the Nature Boy, coming out with him in a suit and with women, and he cut a Nature Boy-style promo
    * Hogan gave Angle another shot at Styles belt, which ended in ... the fucking Montreal screwjob again. Earl Hebner and everything.
    * Foley got fired for attacking Bischoff
    * Scott Hall and Syxx-Pac were kicked out of the Impact Zone
    * Lockdown will have a tournament to determine the next challenger for Styles. Desmond Wolfe, Ken Anderson and Hernandez won qualifying matches
    * The Pope jobbed to Orlando Jordan. FAIL

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Orlando Jordan? As in, 'chief of staff' orlando jordan?

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

God damn did Raw suck balls tonight.

Outside of that awesome opening promo, with the unexpected jab from Taker to McMahon about Montreal, tonight's show fell flat and next week (the two guys from Psych? Really?) doesn't look any better.

I'll admit this much though. I always, always love the Royal Rumble match when they make it the main attraction to the PPV. There are so many interesting angles this year that it really will be a surprise to see who wins.

I think Michaels doesn't get it and spends all of February taunting Taker till he gives in. My money right now is on Cena, though if I could choose, I'd give it to Santino ... er, I mean I'd give it to HBK. :)

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

BTW, does anyone have either the new Miz theme and/or the Santino theme song lying around? I've been searching Limewire for about an hour now and have not found either and the WWE says T-Mobile won't let me download it from their site. :(

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

OK, yeah, I had high hopes for the Bollea-run TNA. But this is setting itself up for MASSIVE failure.

rb

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the three of us would get Big Show on the ropes, lift him up, alllllmost get him flipped over the ropes, and then the Great Khali moves in and breaks it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted