1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm in Piper's Pit. Just when you think you've figured out the answers, the WWE went and changed the questions.
    Edge winning the Rumble was like getting hit in the head with a coconut.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just like Cena-Orton, we've seen this 828202098240982490842 times now.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I stopped counting after match No. 547372718738381233245.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

HBK has been in a WWE ring for 20 years. Who HASN'T he fought?

5. schiezainc

Beth Phoenix?

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Well, shit...had she stuck around longer in the Rumble... :D

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, Edge winning the Rumble seems to take away any chance of Edge and Christian working together again.

8. schiezainc

Eh, maybe, maybe not. You've got to figure Christian is getting taken off ECW at the Draft. Man's been there way too long at this point. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins MITB. So, figure Edge goes after the SD title, wins it, and that sets up a nice E vs. C feud for Extreme Rules or Night of Champions.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, until last week, he'd never fought Mysterio.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Not since 2004, we haven't. They feuded extensively in the early 2000s after HHH turned on HBK when they teased a DX reunion, only to have HHH give him the Pedigree. Once DX reformed for real in 2005, they haven't feuded or fought in a major program. And as far as I can tell, HBK has NEVER been the heel in a feud against HHH; they were probably going that direction when HBK tried to get him to join the nWo, but that angle came to an abrupt end and it turned into the HHH turns on HBK angle.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

I was stunned, late in the game as it may be, to hear that Umaga is dead.

This was one of the better pay per views of late. The Beth Phoenix thing was funny; so was Straight Edge, and then my kid bet 10 other kids $3 each that Edge would win the rumble when it wasn't known he would be in it. I then had him reluctantly pay a commission for having had all his friends over to watch it.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

So glad that I didn't read the Internet spoilers! I had heard that Edge might be back for the Rumble, but I didn't think it would be possible with the serious injury he had had last year. I'm guessing this sets up Edge vs. Taker for the title at Mania, with the blow-off match with Jericho either at this Elimination Chamber PPV, or possibly Edge vs. Jericho at Mania if Jericho can win the belt at the PPV.

I was a bit disappointed with how Kofi Kingston was eliminated. And I'm interested to see how a heel HBK works - Even though he superkicked two refs, it still seemed like he had some crowd support. And Orton came off like a face after his match, between people not liking Legacy and really disliking Sheamus.

Draft saved Draft deleted