1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You mean Jack Brisco. Yeah, he died, fairly young at 68. He wasn't in good health.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I believe this is 2 weeks in a row the WWE champion is in the first match on the card. Good job.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, they are trying to sell people on Sheamus still. A match like that, where the opening segment leads into it, is almost as good as a main event match isn't it?

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I would disagree. I would say the almost-as-good spot would be in the match at the one-hour mark.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In most cases, I'd agree. But here they led into the match without a commercial break. You've got the eyeballs there, so it's a good spot on the card.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'll give you that.

On a side note, when/how did they decide on the Punk-as-evil-Jesus storyline?

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Also, Cole said, 'Who will be the new unified tag team champions,' leading into the break. Giving something away there?

EDIT: Apparently yes. Miz/Big Show win, meaning The Miz now has *three* belts to carry around.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

WWE pairs another mouthy little prick with The Big Show. Why break up a good thing? I kinda like the move. The Miz's ego can reach all time highs now with a giant dude backing him up.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Whenever he made his heel turn, it was kind of the next evolution of it. The whole straight edge, "I'm better than you" bit spun out of his character.

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

The straight edge, "I'm better than you" bit was tough to handle. This is insufferable.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

ShowMiz... love it!

12. beanpole

beanpole Member

I love heel HBK.

Draft saved Draft deleted