1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I think they're setting up Jericho vs. Edge for Mania. Jericho beats Taker at EC (Probably due to HBK interference), Jericho beats Taker in the rematch (Same way) and Edge takes him on and takes his strap at Mania.

That's what my gut tells me anyway.

2. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

With Puck cuffed to the ring ropes, yes.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

So, does Michaels jump somebody on the way to the ring for the SD Elimination Chamber match on Sunday and take his spot like Edge did to somebody last year? Does he find a way into Money in the Bank at WM and cash it in later in the night vs. Undertaker?

So many possibilities...

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The first is a possibility, especially if HBK helps Jericho win the belt, setting up Edge-Jericho and HBK-Taker II. The second would be bad because it'd almost certainly take away from the quality of a rematch if Michaels had to wrestle an intense, spot-filled match not two hours before.

Thing is, HBK has been an irritant for much of his heel career. You'd think he could turn that on again to frustrate Taker into finally giving him the match. It might be too late to give this a face twist, but he could also make Taker look like he's scared because he won't give him the rematch. Who DOES Taker want to wrestle at WM, anyway?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could see Michaels attacking R-Truth and taking his spot for the Elimination Chamber. I just don't see R-Truth as a guy that belongs in that spot. Then Michaels and R-Truth get a match on Smackdown, Michaels beats him down again and cements his new heel status.

I also can't see Michaels in the MITB. It wouldn't make much sense for him to be beaten down in that match, and Taker to also be beaten down. The MITB option usually works when the holder is fresh and the champion is hurt.

6. CitizenTino

On a conference call today, Vince McMahon announced that they're dropping Survivor Series and replacing it with a new PPV in November. He said the team concept has run its course and it's time for something different.

News tidbit No. 2: Alex Marvez has an interview with Bret Hart basically confirming a match with McMahon at WM. So much for him not being able to wrestle.

Here's the full story:
    http://www.scrippsnews.net/content/marvez-bret-hart-vince-mcmahon-reunited-and-it-feels-so-good

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

It will be disappointing if Michaels takes R-Truth out of the Elimination Chamber before the match.

That would mean WWE is no longer reusing storylines from several years ago. It would mean it's reusing storylines from last year.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to knee-jerk something about Survivor Series being a tradition and all that.

But yeah, it does kind of suck.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Why is everyone so sure HBK will turn heel? What can't it be HHH?

I haven't watched intently over the past 6-8 weeks, just in spots, so I'm probably missing something.

10. CitizenTino

Probably because HHH has tried to be supportive and a voice of reason, whereas Michaels has been whiny, self-absorbed and petulant at every turn, willing to throw everything away for his own selfish purposes (getting another shot at the Undertaker).

11. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

On getting rid of the Survivor Series, WWE put out a survey today on potential replacements. Included were an all-street-fight main event PPV, a draft PPV, Battlebowl and War Games. As much as I wanted War Games, I forgot about WWE's new "no blood" policy. Considering the entire point of War Games was 10 guys bleeding gallons, it probably wouldn't be as cool.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Getting rid of the Survivor Series name sucks. I agree the team concept had run its course, but there was some tradition in that name and as one of the "Big Four" PPVs it's sad to see it go by the wayside. This emphasis on themed PPVs is fine for the lesser monthly events, but the Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series should have remained untouched.

Draft saved Draft deleted