1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

I don't think it will be an entire PPV of MITB matches any more than the Royal Rumble features on battle royal matches.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Branding the PPVs with the names of certain matches (Elimination Chamber, HIAC, etc.) is more tied to the main event(s), not the entire card, so there's almost no way they'd do three hours of MITB matches. I could see them doing something with a bunch of qualifying matches through the night, followed by the winners going to MITB in the main event.

(Oh, who am I kidding? They're just trying to find another way to give us a main event involving HHH, Cena, Orton and Undertaker.)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Would they change the stipulation of the MITB match at Wrestlemania? Instead of anytime, anywhere, maybe make it a title shot at the MITB pay per view?

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

From what I'm reading, they won't have a MITB match at WM this year. I would guess they'll either have one MITB match with the same stipulations (any champion, any time), or a Raw and a Smackdown match with the winner getting an any time, any place match against that brand's champion. Based on the other themed PPVs (including tonight's Elimination Chamber), I'd be willing to wager the latter.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That sucks. MITB was a great fit for Wrestlemania -- a high-energy, spot-filled match to get the show going, plus it gave the mid-carders a real opportunity to shine. It's a big loss for that show, in my ohumble opinion.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, why the heck is Vince messing around with something good?

Oh wait ... (Invasion angle, ECW ...)

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'll react to this in one word: FUCK.

There were 2 reasons to watch WM25: MITB, and HBK/Taker. Right now, there's 1 to watch WM26: Edge. Hopefully that'll change after tonight.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I don't know what Vince is going for, but it's motivating me more by the week to watch TNA exclusively. :eek:

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have an audio feed off Justin TV, but no video. Apparently Dibiase just eliminated Orton in the Raw chamber match.

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

So far in the WWE title match:
    --DiBiase eliminated Orton (via pipe from Rhodes)
    --Kofi eliminated DiBiase
    --Sheamus eliminated Kofi
    --Trips *just* put Sheamus' reign to a merciful end

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Cena wins.
    Dammit.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Aaand here comes Vinnie Mac.

Draft saved Draft deleted