1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I doubt it, solely because Christian isn't THAT over with the crowd yet. He's a hell of a wrestler and I'm pulling for him but I can't see him doing this and it not coming off as cheap and contrived.

Besides, for him to win MITB, he's going to have to go through a beating. This scenario (Which I know the WWE will one day use at a Mania) is going to require the participant to do little to nothing in the actual MITB match to effectively sell himself as being able to fight again. Plus, with Batista basically doing this very thing at the EC PPV, I doubt they'd resort to this again so soon.

Then again, I didn't put much stock into Edge winning the Rumble because that's what Cena did in his return in 2008 so who knows, right?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But Batista didn't cash in anything. He was given the title shot by Vince.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Never mind. I misread that post.

4. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm hope that nobody cashes it in at WM; there's enough going on as it is. But if the writers are determined to do it, Christian-Edge would be gold. Although I'm not ready to see Jericho-Edge come to an end quickly.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I suspect that given the lack of starpower in the MITB, they're setting it up so that the winner loses his title match for the first time. Unless they do something like when Edge won the MITB briefcase from Kennedy to write him out due to whatever injury he had.

One of the sheets said a possibility was having Triple H and Sheamus in the MITB match, though I'm not sure how you work them in with seven wrestlers already in the match, and Monday's angle clearly setting up a 1-on-1, albeit hastily. Then Triple H wins, attacks a weakened Cena or Edge at some point, wins the title and goes heel, which he prefers.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

While Christian-Edge would be awesome, they're both faces. I could see Jericho retaining and then Christian cashing in.

I'd hate to see Jericho with such a short reign, but it appears to be that way no matter what. I'd rather Christian have a run with the strap than Edge.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I read in one of the sheets that Triple H was planning to take some time off this summer to heal up a nagging quad injury. More likely he feuds with Sheamus for a while longer, then gets "put out of commission" with a Razor's Edge through the announcer's table (which I kept waiting for on Monday but never happened).

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Razor's Edge? What's that? </every WWE fan post Attitude Era>

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Well played, sir. :D

I kinda love the fact that Sheamus uses two signature/finishing moves from TNA guys: The Carbon Footprint *and* the Razor's Edge.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does Sheamus' Razor's Edge have its own name? The Celtic Cross or something like that?

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

He's only been using it a couple of months, so maybe they haven't gotten around to it. Maybe it's the way he does it, but the Razor's/Outsiders Edge doesn't seem like that impressive a finisher anymore. Seems like he'd be just as well doing the bicycle kick as his finisher.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I still think the Razor's Edge looks impressive - The guy lands with a pretty harsh impact on his back.

Wiki says his finisher is called the Celtic Cross... But isn't that the name of Finlay's finisher too?

Draft saved Draft deleted