1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2010 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Jan 1, 2010.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The rumor that TNA had finally signed Rob Van Dam got me to change the channel for oh, so briefly. Five minutes of Hogan running his mouth was more than enough to change back.

A new episode of "Operation Repo" is better than anything with Hogan's paw prints on it.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A swerve in TNA? No shit!?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yep, it's gonna be RVD as Sting's mystery opponent next. Taz just asked going to commercial, "What were you doing at 4:20 today?"

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ouch .. and RVD beats Sting in 10 seconds.

Then gets pummeled by Sting and bat.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

What a very peculiar segment this is turning out to be.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They're definitely going out of the way to make sure Sting gets over as a heel, unlike how WCW turned him 10 years ago.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's funny. For the longest time I would have loved -- LOVED -- to see someone beat the shit out of Hogan.
    Now? I really don't care. I don't.

Meanwhile, over on Raw, the Legacy turn is complete. They beat Orton in the handicap match then beat him down afterward and even mock his signature pose over his carcass. Nicely done, fellas.

8. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

The X-division match was nice and the ladies tag team match was fantastic.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Anything with Velvet Sky is fantastic.

10. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Add in Sarita and Taylor and they've got eye candy galore. Not to mention that they can actually, you know, wrestle.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Same with me, although now, when Hogan gets the shit beat out of him, it looks pitiful.

The guy is 56, 57 years old and he's hobbling all over the place and had blood all over his head from a blade job. It makes him look pathetic, not sympathetic.

Meanwhile, I missed the beginning of Raw and ended up seeing that magician guy, who I've never heard of, doing a knife under the cup magic trick with Santino. In the background, you could hear fans chant, "Boring". And yes, indeed, it was.

Raw's going to have to step up their game (no pun intended) a little bit. Maybe next week, with Stone Cold as host, they will.

(Although Jericho is appearing on Raw again. Wasn't he supposed to have been banned?)

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They're just pimping Smackdown's main event at Mania.

Draft saved Draft deleted