1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agreed, but never let the fact that he has jobbed multiple times to multiple people get in the way of a compelling, hate-filled argument. :)

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And then Ziggler became the No. 1 contender ...

That match wasn't all that bad. The ending with Barrett was stupid, simply because the match continued for about 10 minutes. But I loved Ziggler telling Cody to go get Big Show, and then hitting the Zig Zag to pick up the win.

Main event wasn't all that bad, either, even though it had some spots were it dragged.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

What's Undertaker's excuse for hiding? Usually it's about time for him to show back up for his Wrestlemania stint, wrestle a few more weeks after that, then hide again.

Rey kicking the ass off Alberto Del Rio's announcer was pretty good stuff. Then the Kofi thing was one of the funniest moments in a while. Vicki has an occasional good part in a show. She's also on occasion got a little sex appeal.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Yeah, the spoiler alert was long enough ago that I had forgotten the rest of the Ziggler bit by then. :D

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Undertaker's legitimately hurt (his shoulder, I think?), and his status for WM is up in the air. They probably don't want to commit to him if he may not be able to perform.

Vicki is one of the most over heels in the WWE, which is both a compliment to her and says a lot about the ability of the heels in the WWE. Thing is, the heel faction has actually improved with Barrett, Miz and Sheamus, and Ziggler's rapidly becoming very good.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Anyone have a feed for TNA's pay-per-view tonight? Normally not a big deal, but RVD is in a match tonight against a mystery opponent, and the spoilers list that person as a relatively recent WWE release that may make for an interesting debut.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Year of the Asshole has begun!

Great night for Green Bay!

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Twas Matt Hardy ... no big surprise.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Right...was just curious to see the reaction he'd receive. I figure it would be mostly lukewarm, but who knows.

YouTube will have it tomorrow, if it's not already there.

10. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Wow, Matt Hardy. There's something to get excited about.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I do miss this thread.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sad to say it, but WWE missed the boat on Hardy becoming a huge star when they played down his return after firing him for the Edge/Lita issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.