1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Goddamit. I've done such a good job of avoiding Beth Fucking Mowins all season...

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've heard the same thing.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If you avoid 11:10 am ESPN2 big ten kickoff, you can avoid her.

With UGA's TD to go up 31-23, pay the over. Betting the over in bowl games is only of the few plays that usually makes money.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just doesn't feel like the Sun Bowl without Verne. But how can one not support one of the few remaining non-WWL bowls?

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's not worth it to hire a Hokie. No matter how good your team gets.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Dennis Erickson is retiring. Pretty easy guy to work with, from a coverage standpoint; the contrast between access he allowed the media for the 2001 Fiesta Bowl compared to what Notre Dame did was extraordinary.

Dennis Erickson retires after long career as college and NFL coach

Tennessee has a chance to wear its signature school color as the home team, and instead wears those ass-ugly gray things Nike makes. The Heels lost, but at least they wore Carolina blue, instead of those Duke-blue unis they sometimes trot out. Teams that don't wear their school colors really annoy me.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I liked Erickson. He was not great in the pros, but he did a lot in college.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Tennessee is on its way to a 28-0 win over Nebraska and its backup QB.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Carolina hasn't lost yet.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My bad, glanced in at the game a bit ago and thought it was ending. But win or lose I like their unis.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Stanford had first down a foot from the goal line. No penalties and they ended up fourth down at the 5.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sharp bets on Huskies drive down Bama spread

Some guys are going to make enormous cash if Alabama wins by 14-16 points -- the spread has gone from 17 to 13.5 and I am sure plenty of people are happy to take the 20-1 odds of middling that.

Draft saved Draft deleted