1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If there's a better description of bowl season that that, I haven't seen it.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I didn't even mention the 5,000 attendance figure, and that's if none of those people realize there are better things to do on a Monday afternoon in Miami where it is 80 degrees.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Smart business decision.

4. Baron Scicluna

5,000 attendance? I wasn't aware the Marlins scheduled games in December.

expendable, UPChip, Chef2 and 2 others like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm working today and can't get there, but somehow life suddenly feels incomplete.

6. Agree...
    Though TBL, a former Florida Gator QB and Donovan McNabb all over the supposed "me-first" mentality and worry that other players will follow suit. Heaven forbid prospective millionaires won't risk additional physical injury for a meaningless bowl games, where the schools make the same amount of money, win or lose.
    That said ... how long until bowls start changing/or adding criteria to offset possible financial loss as a result of Fournette or McCaffery not playing?

7. Baron Scicluna

I don't know if the NCAA and schools would want to open that can of worms. To them, a player's value, no matter how great they are, is supposed to be worth no more than a scholarship.

Telling a school, "We will cut your bowl payout by $100,000 if star Johnny Quarterback doesn't play," just gave that guy a $100,000 value. That's not what the NCAA and school wants.

Steak Snabler likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please do.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did Tom Herman coach Houston against San Diego State this weekend?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Take Tulsa, lay the 12.5, and take 0ver 70.
    This has 52-35ish written on it.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

20-3 Tulsa late in the second quarter, but I'm sure you guys knew that already.

Alan Bestwick doing the play-by-play for this one. Not exactly the Daytona 500. A couple of weeks ago I said I hoped he'd just randomly yell "TROUBLE! Turn 2!" at this point in the game. He replied and said he wouldn't rule it out.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Actually was hoping for an update. Dora has conquered the TV here.

Draft saved Draft deleted