1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 College Football Bowl-a-Rama thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Cotton Bowl attendance has the caveat that one of the teams is Western Michigan.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Outback Bowl, that game's tomorrow and the Bucs are home today. National title game will be the third game in 9 days on that grass.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The USC-Alabama game in September, parking at AT&T was $50, pre-paid online (so $56-something including fees).
    When I was about to investigate Rose Bowl parking, my friend and I decided to check out bus service and got one from South O.C. for $40 each. Great idea.
    The Ducks have 10 home games in January. My first thought was I'm going to spend $200 on parking in January.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For Cowboys games (which, this season, have been higher-priced), there's free parking in "downtown" Arlington, in addition to several $25-per lots run by the city. Yes, it's a bit of a hoof (maybe a mile or so), but I've walked farther from donors' lots at dear old alma mater.

For tomorrow's games, one can get pretty damn close to the stadium for $40 (or less). If there are any Cotton Bowl attendees reading this, perhaps your best deal is offered by Gilligan's, a great college bar in downtown Arlington. You park free at the chamber of commerce, then pay $8 per person for a round-trip shuttle bus.

Batman likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No Tournament of Roses events on Sundays dates back to the 1800s, when folks were concerned the parade would disturb the horses outside local churches. It predates the game and the NFL.

Steak Snabler likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have to walk a half mile to the bleeping office every day from where we have to park. And even that costs $40/month.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Get Hingis to carry you to the office. Don't ya know she's carried everyone.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She's the black widow. My career would go to shit.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It still has to be said. If it is a press conference, the superfans need to be excluded.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is no context. Fans reading Twitter don't even know it's unusual. It's a reporter, going to the game "for free," bitching about not getting a seat at the press conference.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Didn't Jerrah get the Arlington City Council to ban walk-ups and drop-offs for "security" reasons, or was that maybe just for the Super Bowl?

Draft saved Draft deleted