1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

A couple of respected vereran posters - one of them a prominent long-time baseball writer - actually PM'd me when this came up here and asked me if I could provide some insight. I'm glad they did because I might have missed it otherwise.

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Curly W

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

A couple of prominent posters, at least one of whom might work for ESPN, PMd me death threats for disparaging the StrikeZone system.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Usually that's the exclusive province of "Esquire" writers.

BDC99 likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Release the hounds!

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please keep your trolling on the politics thread. Baseball is far too important of a subject for your bullshit. Thank you. :D

WCIBN and HanSenSE like this.
  8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the one hit was a bloop single by Fielder that's an easy play for the shortstop if the infield isn't in.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seattle had only four hits (two of them solo shots) ...

10. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

4 AL clubs have domed stadiums. 3 of them start on the road - the 1 playing at home is facing another domed team. #YGTBFKM

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it this year, but in the past ESPN's rectangle overlay has been weird and doesn't seem to account for camera angle.

That said, I've seen broadcasts do it accurately and it bewilders people because they don't realize how much the camera angle screws with their perception.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

So many prominent posters have sent me a private message for the gifs I have posted about @Dick Whitman telling people he's gotten private messages from prominent posters.

I feel blessed.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted