1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Anyway, I've made my point. I'll let it rest now. Your team's fans never attacked my team's base coaches, so you have that on me.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Dick, we can all agree Ventura's behavior in Anaheim and Baltimore was bullshit. But anybody who fights the White Sox should be rewarded somehow. ;)

exmediahack likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Getting lost in all of this is that Lorenzo Cain probably made the catch of the year last night.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ventura is an asshole, by the way, and I'd argue he bears 100 percent of the blame here and for most (if not all - I'd have to go back and refresh myself) of the previous ones. Let me be absolutely clear on that.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Long live Nolan Ryan.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wrong Ventura.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I know. Still love it though. Noogies to the top of the head, delivered by a geriatric.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was Machado's fault. I said he started it.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When they told Shields he was getting traded to Chicago, he immediately got excited about playing for the Cubs.

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

The A's will have to try really hard to avoid consecutive 90-loss seasons for the first time since 1978-79.
    Of course, come the trade deadline, they'll make that milestone look like a goal.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Jesse?

Huggy and Big Circus like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Royals are the OOP of MLB.

Also, Adam Jones on Ventura: "I knew it was going to happen. The guy has electric stuff and the talent is all there. But between the ears, there's a circuit board off balance. I don't get it."

Guess this means Jones can expect one between his ears from Herrera.

Draft saved Draft deleted