1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Next to nothing happened in the eighth.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, of course it's one of the games the A's aren't televising.

3. TheSportsPredictor

Good move by them.

Rangers on the other hand ...

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still nothing happening.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Rangers should stop getting hits in the 9th so Lewis can get right back out there.

6. TheSportsPredictor

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A's lead off 9th with a double

8. TheSportsPredictor

And not even a shutout.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got to see Cain's perfecto 4 yrs ago and it was magical; before that I saw Brian Holman carry a perfecto into the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, and Ken Freakin' Phelps hits it out. I was bummed because even though I was in Oakland, it was for a perfecto!! and fans around me are jumping up and down and high fiveing each other and I'm thinking "we just missed a chance to witness history!!" (I think the most recent one had been Kenny Rogers' perfecto)

Sorry for Mr. Lewis.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The outfielders got a glove on both of the hits in the ninth but couldn't hold 'em. No question they were hits, though. The right fielder crashed into the wall on the first one. The outfielder made an all-out dive on the second.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Cubs continue to bury the rest of the NL Central with a 6-0 victory over the Pirates at Wrigley this afternoon.

The loss dropped Pittsburgh below .500 at 33-34. The problem is fairly easy to spot. The Pirates, who were second in the majors in team ERA at 3.21 in 2015, are currently 20th in the majors with a 4.28 team mark. Could it be that playing the scrap heap year after year finally caught up with them?

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's an even year, so sorry, Cubbies. It'll be another Giants-Rangers fall classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted