1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think like a lot of things, the research is still out on the long-term health effects. However, IIRC, it's an amphetamine and probably not good for guys to be ingesting who are at a high-risk to be hospitalized for other things. Also, per the never-wrong Wikipedia, it's possible to develop a tolerance, which again would be bad for the talent and might lead into murkier areas.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He'll be able to stay awake during a Roman Reigns promo.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't you mean an Authority promo?

4. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Adam Rose deleted everything from his Twitter account in regards to his suspension, including the doctor's note. Wrestlezone claims that WWE will reverse his suspension and re-instate him soon.

If that's the case, good for Adam Rose. WWE screwed up in big fashion and they need to right that wrong.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Ironically, this tweet came out just hours before ...

6. sgreenwell

I didn't even know most of those people were still under contract. No great loses, and I imagine Santino, Hornswoggle, El Torito and Zeb could be brought back on part-time deals if and when they want.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bad day for midgets.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cameron had just tweeted her support of Ryback a couple of days ago. Considering that she hadn't been doing much anyways, I can't imagine it was a difficult decision for the E.

The others weren't seen on TV that much anyways, and I'd imagine Zeb may still be helping behind the scenes. Riley was down at NXT, but not doing very much. Maybe they'll eventually bring him back as a broadcaster.

9. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Sandow too. Bummer.

10. sgreenwell

I was just going to say - Another message board said that Barrett and Sandow were among the cuts. However, it was known for months that Barrett wasn't going to seek a renewal on his contract, so I'm thinking him and Sandow might be more of a "mutual parting" thing vs. an outright release. Sandow seems like a guy who could benefit from another promotion, as he's a bit stale in WWE (or at least, the creative team's eyes).

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's too bad for Sandow but you almost hope he can make good in New Japan or ROH and then come back either to NXT to the main roster really hot like a Gallows or something along those lines

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Hard to believe it wasn't even three years ago Sandow won the Money in the Bank match.

Draft saved Draft deleted