1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah he put it on his Twitter last night. He said more to come.

I wouldn't be surprised that with the death of his father, the business just was too much for him.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The statement is out. Essentially, he was tired of being Stardust and wanted to go back to Cody, but he kept getting the runaround.

Check out @PrinceCGR's Tweet:

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What they did with Cody is very clearly horseshit of the highest order but in the long run hell be better off being on top of New Japan and ROH and then having an AJ Styles type run in 5 years.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What a match between those four. My gosh.

5. KYSportsWriter

And the crowd is absolutely dead for Jericho-Ambrose.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dead that is, until the thumbtacks.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Matches and endings like that are why I still watch this shit after 31 years.

Batman likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

Not a good show. C minus maybe.

If they don't do the double turn with Rollins they're as obtuse as people think they are. Listen to that crowd.

It's monumentally important that they find something for AJ Styles to do next.

9. KYSportsWriter

That may have been the best show of the year.

10. Baron Scicluna

Not really. Great main event and IC title match. The rest was just OK. Cage match ending was fine, but it dragged a little too long.

11. JimmyHoward33

I don't even remember what the April ppv was called (redemption? Battleground? Something?) but it had basically the same card as this one tonight and they with the possible exception of the IC 4way they were all better a month ago.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So is Roman finding his gear a little bit in the ring, or is Styles just that damn good that he can elevate Reigns to another level. Their two matches against each other have both been very, very good. The ending tonight was a little predictable, but the execution was sick.

As for Styles, you've got to figure he's in the MITB match next month. Maybe he gets the briefcase?
    Or we get the Rollins-Reigns feud leading up to Summerfest, Ambrose wins the briefcase, and we get a Wrestlemania 31 redux where Ambrose cashes in mid-match and steals the title from both of them.
    I like where they are right now. It's about time for a good reset on a lot of feuds, and MITB is a nice place on the calendar to do it. You get Reigns-Rollins for the title, your top guys in one ladder match for the briefcase (Cena, Ambrose, Styles and Jericho is a good starting point) and another ladder match to continue the four-way (or expand it to six or seven-way) IC feud.

Draft saved Draft deleted