1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Way to go, WWE.

You've taken a match I would've been vested in -- Paige vs. Charlotte -- and taken the women's division back to where it was before the "revolution." Since the title wasn't defended at MITB, I had completely forgotten Paige was even the "No. 1 contender."

Good job making folks care about women's wrestling.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Commentary was somewhat interesting for the main event. Ambrose said he was proud to be a cockroach, then, when Reigns and Rollns were fighting near the table, he asked the announcers, "is this where we have to get up and move?" Gave me a good chuckle.

Then Cole botched the end when he said Ambrose gave Reigns a pedigree. Whoops.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I thought that's what Cole said.

Dean on commentary, though, was hilarious as always. I laughed out loud at the cockroach line and his quip about moving. That guy has a future in commentating, if nothing else.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Dean's announcer voice reminds me a little of Pauly Shore.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Mildly surprising they're doing this at a July PPV instead of a Big 4?

Generally an entertaining RAW. KY's spot on about the women's match. AJ and Cena are great on mic together. Good stuff with KO and Zayn. Wyatts/New Day could be just the thing to freshen up New Days BS.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thing I liked about that New Day bit tonight: Xavier being drawn to Bray's flock and missing the cue for his line. Maybe some foreshadowing as to how the New Day could be torn apart?

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy. NEW DAY ROCKS!

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That tells me Triple H is probably coming back just in time to glom onto the main event angle for SummerFest.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Also loved seeing Gallows just stand there and watch as Big E puts Anderson in the Big Ending.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Battleground isn't until July 24. He'll be back by then, unless they don't want it to look like they're rewarding him be leaving him in the main event.
    They could also run an old school heel angle where Seth Rollins is shown spiking Reigns' pee sample.

12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't imagine they leave him in that match. Or maybe they do and they have him lose clean and then job to R Truth the next night as penance.

Draft saved Draft deleted