1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What if it's a work of some sort?

I know it sounds crazy, but I kinda like where Batman is going. Have Rollins come out on Smackdown or the next Raw and gloat about Reigns getting busted, only to have Ambrose come out and start defending Reigns, saying something doesn't add up with the whole thing.

Keep it going for a few weeks until, just before Battleground, we see some footage of Rollins doing some dastardly old-school heel move and tampering with a sample.

Far-fetched? Of course. But it could work.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Roman already fessed up to it via Twitter. And ESPN's picked it up already, and I don't think WWE wants to bite the media hand that feeds them.

3. KYSportsWriter

It could still be a work.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

WWE seems pretty serious about its wellness violations. I don't think they've ever worked them into an angle. Have they ever even mentioned one on the air on Raw or Smackdown?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It'd be an excellent work, but I doubt the E wants people to start taking its Wellness policy as a joke.

Maybe it's why they had Ambrose win the belt though.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Considering Roman's place high in the storylines, I almost wonder if they'll be forced to, unless they just think the fans won't notice he's gone for the next month. It's not like fans were clamoring to know where Titus and Konnor were the last two months.

And considering the suspension is immediate, it's not like they can have Roman get beaten into a bloody pulp backstage and have him "recuperate" for the next month.

7. KYSportsWriter

I don't think they've ever mentioned why someone is no longer working. They might have with Mr. Kennedy, but I'm not entirely sure.

8. Baron Scicluna

When Hall and Nash did appear in WCW, Vince did say on air that they weren't representing his company.

When Savage left, Vince announced he was leaving and wished him well.

When Punk went on one of his pipebombs with Laurinatis, he mentioned Masters getting fired.

Not quite reasons why, but they have made references to guys who have left.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've referenced guys leaving, sure, but have they ever referenced suspensions?

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What did they say when Orton got popped? When RVD got popped?

Do we think they knew about this over the weekend and booked Sunday as a result? And if they did, why in the sam hell did they book Monday the way they did? And on top of that, was he allowed to work a more natural heel because they kind of have to turn him now (Kids can't look up to Barry Bonds)

11. Baron Scicluna

I can't think of any for the wellness policy, although if memory serves me correctly, Trips cracked a joke about Chris Masters looking smaller when he had returned from his suspension.

12. Baron Scicluna

RVD had both the WWE and ECW belts at the same time when he got popped. He came out at Raw and made a "heard any good jokes lately?" line. Then he dropped the WWE title that night, and the ECW title the next night, then they had Heyman (in kayfabe role) say that he was suspended.

Draft saved Draft deleted