1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

What about the broadsword?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was way beyond ridiculous.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Some of the less reputable sites, which I won't even bother to link, have rumors that Orton may shift to a part-time veteran role. Body's getting more fragile, and where and how does he fit in THE NEW ERA(™)? Perhaps he's a veteran enhancement talent like Jericho?

Discuss.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Seems entirely plausible, given his injury issues.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He's been on the top of the card for nearly 13 years. It's time for someone else to shine.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So, WWE is essentially ripping off TNA and the Hardy match with New Day visiting the Wyatt compound?

And what's the swerve for commissioner of Smackdown? Vince himself maybe?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What in the holy fucking hell did I just watch?
    That was like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, mixed with a snuff film, mixed with Lost in Cleveland, mixed with Birth of a Nation, mixed with a wrestling match, mixed with about a hundred pounds of ungodly awesomeness I can't put my finger on.
    I think the Wyatts might have committed 17 different hate crimes.
    Bray Wyatt tried to decapitate poor Xavier Woods. That's grounds for a DQ, bro.
    The most insane part?
    I think that thing was better and more engrossing the The Marine 3.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

When was the last time an arena was cheering so loud FOR Cena?

9. KYSportsWriter

That compound fight was insanely awesome. I don't care how cheesy and over the top it was.

That. Was. Awesome.

Batman likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Kind of spent the whole McMahon segment hoping he'd say neither and there would be a surprise......

TurnTwo2 likes this.
  11. KYSportsWriter

Yeah, but that can still happen next week. Never know which direction they'll go.

And how about that Rollins Report? That was some funny shit.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Maybe Shane will name Trips as his GM and they'll turn him into the guy he is on NXT and let him "coach" Balor and friends. Maybe Bryan??

I do like the idea of non-McMahon authority figures. Could be fresh.

Rollins continues to be gold. The way they're still going in on a drug test failee is remarkable.

The Wyatts thing was......not as bad as I feared? It was Ok. It was a cool hardcore match. Its hard to believe they're all going to return to the arena next week and hash out their differences under the rules tho.

Darren Young, massive disappointment. Could not care much less. Sasha/Brooke segment pretty strong.

Draft saved Draft deleted