1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"With the 43rd pick in the 2016 WWE draft, Smackdown selects ... from the University of Parts Unknown, the Bogeyman. Raw is on the clock."

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"The Boogeyman. A real reach, even though it's late in the draft. Although if you're looking for someone to fill the role as a worm eater, then in his case, he has tremendous upside."

Batman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And Daniel Bryan is back as Smackdown's GM. Let's hope he doesn't concuss himself while leading a vigorous "Yes!" chant.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's nice, but who's The Bogeyman?

5. KYSportsWriter

Wonder if the idiot who leaked the news has been fired yet? Can you imagine the pop he would have gotten had it not been spoiled?

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

They probably leaked it on purpose to up the ratings. There are no true surprises anymore.

The cruiserweight thing is promising as far as not screwing up the women's division. But the cruiserweights would be better served as replacement talent on NXT than hot shotted to their own division on Raw.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Enzo just make a frickin' font joke. And he was a journalism major.

Amazing.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. KYSportsWriter

I've never seen it spelled that way. Always Boogeyman.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird. I'd always seen Bogeyman. Although searching online, the wrestler spells it Boogeyman, so I did technically get it wrong.
    I think either is acceptable. Or maybe one is the British spelling. Damn Limeys.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yay, a ref bump and a double-pin. Maybe Vacant gets another short title reign?

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That was terrible but it's a better way to set up a new split world title than a double pin in the triple threat on Sunday.......I'd rather a confusing end to Raw than to a PPV

Draft saved Draft deleted