1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The one thing I found funny about it is you had the two wrestlers, the two GMs and the two McMahons all arguing in the ring and nobody was checking up on the ref who is laying in the corner.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Zebra lives matter?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

So I thought Bayley would've been out to save Sasha last night after it was mentioned Sasha's "got it covered."

Perhaps Sasha gets another beatdown tonight, and Bayley makes the save ... after which, Daniel Bryan comes out and announces Bayley is the next draft pick for Smackdown.

4. nietsroob17

Bunch of old WWE/F wrestlers suing for concussions. Includes Superfly, Orndorff and Road Warrior Animal, along with both Hebners and both Chavos.

20160718 - Wwe Cte Lawsuit

5. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, I just saw that list. Some of them may have legit gripes, but Mantaur? How many matches in the WWF did he have?

6. nietsroob17

And Sabu? Of all the places he wrestled, WWE was the tamest. Unless he thinks he can blame McMahon for what happened in ECW since he bought (?) the company.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

If you were Foley or D-Bry, who are you taking with your first pick?

No. 1 has to be Seth Rollins, with Dean going to Smackdown at No. 2.

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So if Raw gets two picks to every one for Smackdown, will it go Raw-Raw-Smackdown, Raw-Raw-Smackdown, or will it be Raw-Smackdown-Raw, Raw-Smackdown-Raw? If Raw gets its first two before Smackdown, I could see them taking Rollins and Ambrose. And then Bryan shocks the world with Finn Balor as Smackdown's first pick.

9. JosephMyers

JosephMyers Member

Looking forward to tonight's draft, just to see what happens.

10. Baron Scicluna

UFC announced that Lesnar was notified of a second positive drug test.

Hmmmmm.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This is a really mediocre format.....the guys aren't coming out? We're waiting another 6 days to see Balor in a main roster ring?

Barf.

12. Baron Scicluna

I wonder if the wrestlers actually know in advance about their selections. The first couple of years, they weren't told, because the E wanted to get their natural reaction, and some of them were quite nervous because it would affect their schedules. And infamously, Jim Ross was drafted to Smackdown and was majorly pissed off on air.

Draft saved Draft deleted