1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's sad that the NXT card is looking much better than the Mania card.

It's time to hang it up, Vince, and give control of the company to Shane and Triple H. I really believe Shane, Haitch and Steph could make it all work better than what Vince has done in the last several years. The man is completely out of touch and doesn't get it that the fans are shitting all over Reigns at the moment.

Gotta say this is the least amped I've been for Mania this close to the big show.

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

First off, the guy is a complete moron. Second off, he's lucky he didn't get his head caved in.

A lot of wrestlers, past and present would have handled that differently.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Supposedly, certain people at the E haven't been hyping up the NXT card that much because they're pissed off that show is looking so much better than the show that everyone's supposed to be wanting to watch.

4. KYSportsWriter

They've made almost no mention of it -- that I'm aware of, anyway -- on Raw. The only time I remember anyone talking about it when it was first announced.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

For the entire weekend, right now, I am most looking forward to (in order): the women's triple threat, American Alpha tag match, Finn-Joe, Jericho-Styles.

I'm not even sure the NXT show will be as good as Brooklyn. I know nothing of Nakamura or Aries, so I'm trying to keep an open mind about those two matches.....Asuska really doesn't do it for me so I don't know how good her match with Bayley will be....and the rest of NXT's "second generation" here just isn't as exciting as the first crop.

6. Rainman

It’s Kevin Dunn that is pissed off that the NXT card is looking stronger than Wrestlemania's card. His ass needs to get fired.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Asuka is pretty damn amazing. Her matches with Dana Brooke and Emma were top notch and I expect no less against Bayley.
    I'm with you in not knowing enough about Nakamura or Aries but, man, it's just sad that the supposed developmental program is currently the highlight of WM week.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

For those who aren't familiar with Austin Aries, it's worth it to track down any and every match he ever had with Bryan Danielson. Those two just worked so well together. His early work with Generation Next in ROH is great stuff as well.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  9. Rainman

Since we're on the subject, what match should main event Wrestlemania?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's embarrassing that it's even a question.

The world title match should always be the main event. If it isn't strong enough, then rebook it.

schiezainc likes this.
  11. KYSportsWriter

Evidently, they're leaning more and more toward the main event being Taker-Shane -- if the dirt sheets can be believed.

They're doing all they can to make sure Reigns doesn't get booed out of the building, which is gonna happen no matter if that match is first or last. And that's something I still don't get: all the hatred for Reigns.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Sometimes, the world title match can be booked great, but there may be a match that's just bigger than it, like HBK/Undertaker, or Rock/Hogan.

The issue with Reigns is that he's just not very sympathetic as a babyface. He looks like he should be killing everyone, instead of trying to "overcome the odds," for the eight millionth time. Plus, the E is just ignoring their crowd again. They want to root for a guy who has credentials, either on the indy scene (Ambrose, Styles), or elsewhere (Lesnar). Reigns just has a non-descript college football background.

Draft saved Draft deleted