1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I dare the WWE to put Undertaker and Shane before HHH and Reigns...I mean it has been seven years since Wrestlemania 25 (it was also seven years from Mania 18 to 25) so I'm sure that's what will happen.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Then they should move the strap and put it on one of them beforehand, instead.

They should never intentionally book a match that will overshadow the world title match. If one happens to organically "steal the show," so be it. But the top title should always, always be portrayed as the top attraction.

schiezainc likes this.
  3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Undertaker-HBK match at WM 26 didn't need the belt to have the weight it did, and NOTHING they did was going to make any other match on the card carry as much impact as that match. In fact, HBK costing the Undertaker the belt at the previous PPV made it a bigger deal.

In most cases, yes, the world title should be the main event and the biggest match. But there are at times good reasons a match without the belt could be the main event.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Sam Roberts already booked a way to end the show without Boo's and let Reigns win.......as long as Shane gets his creative control somehow, after Roman wins Shane hits the top of the entrance way with some friends. Sam's idea was the Bullet Club but it could be Rollins....Orton....Cesaro....anyone that could be seen as the guy Shane will use to save the company but hasn't been around (I feel like the crowd will pop for a return but not for, say, Ambrose and Shane).

Either that or Trips just retains. People might pop for that.

Or go full Lesnar-Goldberg and just have Austin stunner everybody and end with an old school, off air beer bash.

5. MisterCreosote

You just know they're going to use The Rock to give the rub to Roman and help him win the title, basically throwing down the guantlet to fans and saying, "Fine, if you want to boo Roman, you'll have to boo The Rock, too."

Not sure I'd take that gamble.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How about a Rock heel turn? He comes out to make the save for Roman, then hits him with a Rock Bottom and HHH retains.
    Not sure it makes sense from a storytelling perspective, but it certainly would get a reaction.

7. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

Rock helping Roman win certainly helps push the Rock-HHH match for next year we all thought we might be getting this year.

I really don't think Reigns walks out champ unless he makes a heel turn that makes all the boos more meaningful. Ambrose comes out to celebrate with his brother and BOOM, Reigns levels him with a Superman punch outta nowhere! The crowd that loves him is in utter shock, and the crowd that hates him is actually kinda giddy, all with the same stunned look on their faces. Set us up for a wonderful summer of Reigns-Ambrose leading up to a Rollins return at SummerSlam to really make things interesting.

Also worth noting, The Wyatts still have NOTHING for Mania. I don't know what might be planned, but I could see something crazy happening that involves HHH, Reigns, Ambrose, Lesnar and Bray at the end of the show.

8. Rainman

I imagine they will be part of the Battle Royal. Would be good booking if they had Strowman and Bray be the last two, then eventually have Bray win it.

9. MisterCreosote

Isn't Bray hurt? Harper is hurt now, too, I think.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Two of the four Wyatts -- Bray and Harper -- are hurt. Bray has a pretty bad back injury and they think Harper may have torn his ACL.

11. Rainman

Didn't know about Bray's injury. Been out of the loop lately. Also, didn't know the extent of Harper' injury on Raw. This means that Strowman will win it.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Already been tried at the Rumble. It didn't work.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted