1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Well, at least now the Shield reunion will involve Cesaro and Sheamus instead of Bo and Axel.

2. nietsroob17

Sister Abigail is alive and dying to meet Finn Balor?

Paige? Ruby Riot?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't care much about a Shield reunion, mainly because I'm enjoying Roman Reigns getting the crap kicked out of him on a weekly basis. Every time Miz has finally left the ring the last two weeks, I've wanted him to do one more Skull Crushing Finale onto a chair. Wrapped in barbed wire and salt.

4. nietsroob17

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Big Al enjoyed a cult following in ECW as 911, who would come down to the ring and chokeslam whoever was in the ring annoying the crowd, including, one time, Santa Claus.

Apparently, this was legit with Abbott and Al having some sort of issue, and Abbott deciding to take a knife out and threatening to murder his coworker in front of a few thousand people.

Batman likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, it's much better, even though we still know who wins.

I wonder if they do a traditional Survivor Series match with Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus and Braun against The Shield and someone else (maybe Bo or Axel in a face turn?) or, a ten-man version with Miz, Bar, and Miztoruage against Shield and maybe Matt Hardy and Jason Jordan.

7. nietsroob17

Won't lie. Part of me was hoping that Kurt Angle was going to bring out someone like Rey Mysterio to take on Enzo, or even bring Austin Aries back.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

At least with Braun there's a chance the shield could get wrecked. If it's Miz Sheamus and Cesaro only it's a snore.

9. Baron Scicluna

Yeah. It's like ... Kalisto?

The crowd went mild.

10. Baron Scicluna

Come to think of it, it could be a heckuva way to turn Braun. Braun does the wrecking, Miz and Co. act like they're hot stuff, Braun gets tired of it. Then Miz doesn't like Braun's attitude, goes too far and gets his ass kicked.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I figured Angle would say, "You're right, Enzo no cruiserweight can touch you. But a heavyweight can."
    And then bring out Braun to destroy him.

12. Baron Scicluna

Yep. Works even better.

Draft saved Draft deleted