1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I know they have some kind of plan here, but this is really making me nervous.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Happy nothing bad happen. I was nervous, too.

3. Rainman

Sami Zayn?

4. Rainman

This is bizarre.

5. Rainman

This may be great for Sami' career.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That might have been one of the first matches I've seen where the crowd legitimately seemed to be rooting not for an awesome memorable spot, but for somebody not to die.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. Rainman

They booed pretty loudly when Kevin started going down the cell. But, I get your point.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but while they were up there it seemed like the crowd was scared quiet. I know watching it I felt uneasy. Even some of the spots they did up there looked like they backfired a bit. Owens seemed to bang his ankle on the supports up top.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, I just watched it. I also was feeling kinda nervous about them taking those bumps on top of the cage. They looked awkward in a couple of spots, and I kept thinking that all it takes is some metalworker who was having a meh day at the office for someone to be permanently crippled or worse.

Zayn turning heel and helping Owens is quite intriguing. They could become a not-quite as good two-man power trip and eventually fight Shane and Trips.

Tag title match was also a lot of fun. Women's match was OK. Three-way was fine.

I'm still not sold on Jinder, but he's working hard and at least he won semi-clean.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Thank God they've reenforced the top of that cell huh? Sheesh.

I hope Sami goes full super best friends with KO and they don't try some wishy washy "I did it to save Shane" thing.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That tag cell match was ridiculous. Easy WWE MOTY candidate. That spot where they pinned one of the Usos in the corner with the kendo sticks weaved into the cell was sick.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So no comments on tonight's Raw? I would have thought the official reunion of The Shield would have moved the needle a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted