1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Now Portugal’s goalie is standing on his head. What a sequence, even if it wouldn’t have counted.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Howler by #Davesaves

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This game is great. Hopefully @3_Octave_Fart and his kids are enjoying it.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The way that ball moved I could have sworn it was deflected. That was one helluva strike

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seriously, let's just have these two play every day for a month.

Webster and Twirling Time like this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not much is gonna top that in the group stage, that’s for sure.

Argentina vs. Iceland tomorrow might be fun, as well as Germany vs. Mexico on Sunday.

7. Inky_Wretch

Speaking of that Mexico-Germany match ... FS1 instead of the main Fox network!?!

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As I said to my friends watching it — Spain is dominating with the lead but they aren’t trying to score. Came back to bite them.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Fox also has the U.S. Open this weekend and is going all day with final round coverage on Sunday.
    Considering they've been promoting coverage of Mexico's matches as a substitute for the U.S., however, and that they could still get the Open on Fox well before the final pairings tee off, it is surprising that they wouldn't dip out of golf on Fox for two hours.

10. Inky_Wretch

Yeah, moving the team they've been promoting for months and months to a second-tier network is odd. I guess they assume the majority of Mexico fans in the US will A) watch no matter where it airs or B) watch on (insert Spanish-language network here)?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Works both ways. Had to tell guys I played golf with this morning what the channel number for FS1 is on the local cable network.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Telemundo. Welcome back Andres Cantor.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted